Technology help & digital skills coaching
Stop into the library to get help with your smartphone or e-reader, learn a new computer program, or take a workshop on popular software like Excel or Google Drive. City Library staff are here to help support digital literacy in our community.
Get 1:1 support with TechConnect
What kinds of coaching can I get?
You can get coaching on basic technology use, including devices and software.
- Getting started with your computer, e-reader or tablet
- Creating and using an email account
- Using the Internet
- Using Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Downloading library ebooks and e-audiobooks
- Using social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Using video conferencing software like Zoom and Skype
- Managing digital photos
We are not able to help with topics beyond our knowledge. Nor are we able to help you with things like setting up a dating profile, income tax submission, personal banking or completing a resume for you. If we do not feel we can help you, we'll refer you to other resources.
How many 1:1 sessions can I have?
There is no limit to the number of coaching sessions a person can have, as long as it does not prevent others from taking advantage of the service. However, to ensure that appointments are available to everyone, we have a limit of one booked appointment at a time. This means that when your current appointment is over, you will be able to book another.