Print, copy & scan
Printing, copying and scanning is available for a small fee at the library. Print from your own device or one of the library's public computers.
|Print & copy prices|
|Black & white, 1-sided|
|Black & white, 2-sided|
|Fax (local calls)||$1 + tax, per page|
|Fax (long-distance calls)||$2 + tax, per page|
Need help? Staff are available to help troubleshoot on every floor.
Printing is available from all public computer. Send your print job from the computer, and then pick up and pay at the second and third floor staff desks. The pay station accepts coins, credit cards, and debit cards.
Any size (8.5x11", 8.5x14", 11x14"):
Black & white
- 1-sided: 25¢
- 2-sided: 50¢
- 1-sided: 50¢
- 2-sided: $1
You can wirelessly print from your own device by sending your print jobs to the Library’s print system. All wireless print jobs are sent to the second and third floor print stations.
Black and white printing is 25¢ per page for 1-sided / 50¢ per page for 2-sided
Colour printing is 50¢ per page for 1-sided / $1 per page for 2-sided
Emails and email attachments
Forward your email to an email address below for the format option that matches your document:
8.5x11’’ — Letter size
- Black and white, 1-sided: email@example.com
- Black and white, 2-sided: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colour, 1-sided: email@example.com
- Colour, 2-sided: firstname.lastname@example.org
8.5x14’’ — Legal size
- Black and white, 1-sided: email@example.com
- Black and white, 2-sided: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colour, 1-sided: email@example.com
- Colour, 2-sided: firstname.lastname@example.org
11x14’’ — Tabloid size
- Black and white, 1-sided: email@example.com
- Black and white, 2-sided: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colour, 1-sided: email@example.com
- Colour, 2-sided: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents and web page content
For documents and web pages, you can upload your document directly into the form on this website to be added to the library's print queue: www.printeron.net/nvcl/main.
To release your print job
- Log in to one of the print stations with your email address
- Select your print job
- Pay with coins, debit or credit card
You can scan directly to your email from the library’s photocopiers, or scan to a USB stick from the flatbed scanner. If you are scanning photos we recommend using the flatbed scanner for better controls and quality.
Scan at the photocopiers if…
- You have an email address that can receive the file(s);
- You have a multi-page document with less than 25 pages;
- You are only scanning 1 or 2 jobs (the photocopiers are in high demand!);
- You are scanning double-sided ID.
The photocopiers are located on the second and third floors.
Scan using the Epson flatbed scanner if...
- You don’t have an email address;
- Your scan is larger than 25 pages;
- You are scanning a large number of jobs;
- Your scans require manual input and can’t go through a document feeder.
The flatbed scanner is located on the third floor and is available for 1-hour bookings. You will need to log in with a library card or guest pass. If you need a USB stick they are available for sale at the Welcome Desk for $10.
The microform scanner is available for viewing the newspaper archives. It is located on the third floor, is free to use, and can be booked for up to one hour at a time. The microform scanner allows you to save your screen captures to USB, print to library printers or email the files. They can be saved in .jpg or .pdf format.
The library’s microform collection offers North Shore newspapers on microfilm and microfiche dating back to 1905. Please ask for assistance in accessing the microform cabinet.
Available newspaper archives
- The Express (North Shore) — 1905-1912
- North Shore Press — 1913-1951
- North Shore Times — 1926
- North Shore Review — 1952-1957
- North Vancouver District News — 1954-1957
- The Citizen (North Shore) — 1958-1980
- North Shore Shopper — 1970-1975
- North Shore News — 1976-present
Visit the Welcome Desk to send a fax. Customers should have a City Library card. Registration is free.
We fax 1-sided pages, only. You can convert all 2-sided pages at the copy stations on the second or third floor. You must fill out and sign the library’s fax cover page. You will not be charged for the transmission of this page.
You must be present during your fax transmission until the OK/Fail confirmation page is printed out.
We accept payment by cash or credit/debit cards.
- Local calls: $1 + tax per page
- Long–distance calls: $2 + tax per page