Spaces you can use
Find a cozy corner or spread out with your study group in one of City Library's many spaces for reading, studying or catching up with a friend.
Grab a hot chocolate or iced coffee and spend time in the library's new lounge space, the community living room.
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Website: Laziza Café
Located on the first floor, the children's area includes smaller tables for children and their caretakers to read and study.
Open during regular library hours.
Children's reading garden
Relax under a canopy of trees and find the perfect sized Adirondack chair for reading on sunny days.
The garden opens in early spring through the fall.
The teen room has public computers, lounge seating and group study tables, making it a great spot to watch a Friday matinee, play Among Us with friends or finalize college applications.
The second floor teen room is accessible to all users; however, the space is reserved and prioritized for teen use only from 3 – 6 p.m. on weekdays.
Find a study space
Study spaces are available during regular library hours on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you need help finding a spot, please visit an information desk.
The library has five areas that are available to the public for studying, either individually or in groups.
- Children’s area (first floor)
- Board room (second floor)
- Individual study (second floor)
- Teen room (second floor)
- Group study (third floor)
Study tables for small groups are on the third floor at the top of the stairs. Electrical ports are available.
Dr. Paul Singh individual study room
The individual study room has 50 carrels, all with electrical access. This study room is ideal for quiet, concentrated use. Headphones are recommended.
Reserve a space
Study rooms can only be booked for today or tomorrow. Advanced bookings are not available at this time. All room bookings require a library card. To reserve a room, visit any service desk or contact us at:
- Study rooms A and B may be booked for a maximum of three hours per person, per day. To ensure everyone has a chance to use the space, you are limited to three bookings per week.
- Study rooms can accommodate only two people.
- Bookings can be made by phone at 604-998-3450, or in person at a service desk.
- Advance bookings are only available for the next day.
- A library card is needed to confirm your booking. You can sign up for a library card at the Welcome Desk on the first floor or online.
General use guidelines
- If you are more than 15 minutes late without notifying us, we will assume you have canceled and will make the space available to others.
- Markers for the dry erase board are available for check out at the second floor desk. Please only use dry erase markers on the board.
- Rooms are not soundproof! Please keep noise levels low while in the room.
- In study rooms A and B, the doors will lock behind you. If you leave the study room, please close the door; staff will be happy to reopen the door for you when you return.
- The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please take your valuables with you and do not leave them unattended.
- The library reserves the right to modify or cancel any bookings.