Get free help preparing your 2022 federal income tax return at City Library! You'll be helped by a volunteer, under the CRA's Community Volunteers Income Tax program.
- Call 604-998-3473 or,
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The program runs from March 7 to April 30. Sessions are generally 30-45 minutes, in person at City Library.
Visit the CRA's Community Volunteers Income Tax program website to find other tax clinics near you. For all other tax-related inquiries, please call the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281.
You must be a North Shore resident and not earn more than these amounts to qualify for help with your taxes:
Two people (e.g. a couple in a common-law marriage):
$45,000 and $2,500 for each dependent family member (i.e. a common-law couple with two children under 18 would be a total of $50,000)
One person and one dependent (e.g. a single parent and child):
$45,000 and $2,500 for each dependent
Because this is a volunteer-assisted program, services might be limited if your tax situation is complicated. We are unable to help complete tax returns for people who:
- Are self-employed or have employment expenses;
- Have business income and expenses (unless the income is in box 048 on a T4A slip and less than $1,000 with no related expenses);
- Have interest income of $1,000 or more;
- Have capital gains or losses;
- Are filing or have filed for bankruptcy;
- Are completing a tax return for a deceased person;
- Are completing tax returns for prior years.
Get ready for your appointment
Please bring the following:
- Your SIN card
- All applicable tax information, e.g. T4, T5 or T5007 slips for 2022, medical receipts, tuition or school receipts (T2202), immigration papers and CERB info (if you received it)
- A copy of your 2021 tax return
- Government-issued photo ID