Welcome to our Room Rentals Page. Step one requires that prior to booking, you review the following information pertaining to policies, fees, and damage liability, and if in agreement, click the 'I AGREE, PROCEED' button at the bottom of the page:
- Publicity for the event is the responsibility of the renter. Library signage will be limited to directional information.
- No advertising, announcements or other communications implying endorsement of the event by the Library will be permitted. The Library logo will in no case be permitted to promote any non-Library event.
- Promotional and other literature may only be distributed within the meeting rooms.
- Acceptance of the booking will be at the sole discretion of the Chief Librarian. The Library reserves the right to refuse and cancel bookings.
- All room rental times must take place within normal Library hours. Bookings must terminate 15 minutes prior to Library closing.
- All persons using meeting rooms must comply with the general rules and regulations of the Library. Smoking is not permitted on Library property.
- The Library will provide tables and chairs. All other supplies, such as flip-charts, pens, markers, paper and other items are the responsibility of the renter. If projector, screen, video-audio cable, microphone or lectern are required (available only in the 3rd Floor Program Room), prior notice must be given and a charge of $25.00 will be applied. Users are responsible for making sure that their devices can connect to the Library's VGA video/audio cable. No charge is applied for use of the monitor in the boardroom.
- Rooms must be left in the condition in which they were found.
- Meeting room doors must be kept closed to minimize noise.
- No special privileges are extended to Library staff, or organizations to which they belong.
- Matters concerning room rental policies and rates will be revisited and reconsidered at the discretion of the Library Board.
- Room capacities are under review and may be altered without notice.
- Equipment and supplies for food and drink service are not provided by the Library.
- Alcohol may be served provided prior approval of the Chief Librarian is obtained; proof of appropriate licensing is also required.
- Food and drink may not be taken from meeting rooms to other areas of the Library.
- North Vancouver City Library is a fragrance-free environment. Please do not wear colognes, perfumes or other scented body products while in the library.
- Rates are per hour, with a 3-hour minimum in the 3rd Floor Program Room.
- Payment must be received in full, 48 hours prior to the meeting date. If payment is not received in this timeframe, the Library reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- Fees are only refundable if cancellation is made within 24 hours of the booking. In the case of a repeat booking (say, every Thursday) cancellation is only permitted prior to the first event.
- All instances of repeat bookings must be paid in full, 48 hours prior to the first meeting.
- The person submitting the reservation form will be held responsible for all fees, deposits and damages.
DAMAGES AND LIABILITIES
- The North Vancouver City Library at their discretion reserves the right to request evidence of liability insurance coverage from the user if deemed appropriate for the use of the facility.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss of, or damage to, any equipment or materials owned or rented by an individual, group or organization using its meeting rooms. Any individual, group or organization using the meeting rooms shall be held responsible for any loss or willful or accidental damage to the Library building, grounds, collections, or equipment caused by the group or organization, its members or those attending the program.
If you agree with the above, click the button below and proceed to STEP 2 :