You can send print jobs to an NVCL public printer from any library computer, or wirelessly from your own device. Public printers are available on each floor.
There are three ways to send wireless print jobs to a printer from your own device:
I: Print a document or web page from any device using a web browser (IE, Firebox, Chrome, Edge, or Safari):
- Go to www.printeron.net/nvcl/main
- Enter your email address;
- Enter the URL of the web page, OR browse and select the file you want to print;
- Press the green ‘print’ icon;
- Proceed to any Library print station to release your print job (if needed, ask staff for assistance logging in and printing).
II: Print emails and/or email attachments from any computer or device:
- Forward the email you want to print to email@example.com Note the subject line of the email, if you would like to print just the body of the email. Also note the actual file name of any attachments you’d like to print;
- Proceed to a print station to release your print job (if needed, ask staff for assistance logging in and printing);
- Once logged in, select which item you’d like to print. If you want to print the body of the email, select the print job that bears the subject line of the email; if you want to print an attachment, select the print job with file name of the attachment;
- Release the print job by clicking the 'Print' button, and follow the remaining prompts;
- Proceed to any print station to release your print job (if needed, ask staff for assistance logging in and printing).
III: Use the ‘PrinterOn’ app to send a print job from a mobile device (available for iPhone, iPad, Android, or Blackberry):
- Download the app from www.printeron.com/apps.html (not your app store!);
- From your device, access the PrinterOn app 'settings', and make sure to set access to ‘cellular data’ to the off position*;
- Open the app, and search for “North Vancouver City Library”, or use the map to locate our library (only required the first time you use the app);
- Tap the box corresponding to the type of item to be printed (document, photo, or web page), and proceed as follows:
- Tap the green ‘print’ button;
- Enter your email address;
- Click on the 'check-mark' icon (top right corner) to confirm the print job;
- Proceed to a print station to release your print job (if needed, ask staff for assistance logging in and printing).
IMPORTANT: In all cases, it will take at least 1 minute before the print job shows up at a public printer. Printing costs $0.25 per page. Double-sided or colour printing is not available. The Library is not responsible for any carrier or data charges incurred with use of wireless printing services. The Library also accepts no responsibility or liability regarding the privacy of information sent via the wireless printing service to a North Vancouver City Library Printer.
Printing from a library computer
All public printers in the library can print to all three print release stations - one on each floor of the library. Printing is currently limited to B&W, one-sided, 8.5x11” letter size only. Printing costs 25 cents per page.
- Print from any program (internet browser, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Select the one and only printer that shows up on the printer list
- You have the option to send it to the 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor print release station. We recommend you don't select the floor - this way you can release the print job from any of the print release stations, should one of them be busy.
- Go to the print release station, select Print from the screen menu
- Enter the same library barcode number or guest ID that you used to sign on to the PC from which you sent the print job
- Highlight the print job you want and click Print
- Select the "Pay from vending machine" option before inserting coins or bills into the tall coin/bill acceptor tower, and click OK when finished inserting the money
- Your print job will appear on the printer, and any change due will be in the coin return slot of teh coin/bill tower
The public photocopy machine is on the 3rd floor behind the Info Desk where staff can help you if need be. The following paper sizes are available - letter (8.5x11"), legal (8.5x14") and poster (11x17"). Photocopying costs 25 cents per page.